Sign up for our newsletters   

Baltimore City Paper home.
Print Email

Murder Ink

By Anna Ditkoff | Posted 12/5/2007

Murders This Week: 4
Murders This Year: 270

Monday, Nov. 26

1:29 a.m. Michael Crowder, a 33-year-old African-American man, was found lying in an alley in the 2400 block of Presbury Street near Coppin State University. He had been shot in the head and died at the Maryland Shock Trauma Center half an hour later. Crowder lived in the block with his girlfriend and may have been on his porch just before the shooting.

Tuesday, Nov. 27

11:46 a.m. Police were called to the 4000 block of West Rogers Avenue near Northern Parkway and Reisterstown Road for an assault. When they arrived they found Quentin Reddick-Flowers, a 31-year-old African-American man, lying in the street bleeding. A witness, who was a block away, saw two men tackle Reddick-Flowers and wrestle him to the ground. The men allegedly hit him, kicked him, and beat him with a large tree branch. They saw police approaching and ran. The witness was able to give a thorough physical description of the two men, which matched the description of two men who had been interviewed earlier that day for loitering on a nearby street corner. Police went to the home of one of the two men who were interviewed earlier that day. They knocked on the door and two men fled the premises. Police were able to arrest Jermaine Cornish, a 17-year-old African-American man, who, according to police, had blood on his clothes, but the second man got away. Reddick-Flowers was taken to Sinai Hospital with serious head trauma-his skull was fractured in two places and there was bleeding and swelling to his brain. He died at 11:15 p.m. that night. On Dec. 1, police arrested the second suspect Donte Martin, a 17-year-old African-American man, and charged him with attacking Reddick-Flowers.

Thursday, Nov. 29

9:10 p.m. Tywonde Jones, a 13-year-old African-American male, was found lying in the backyard of a vacant house in the 5000 block of Cordelia Avenue. He had been stabbed the back, arm, face, and neck and died before he could be taken to a hospital. His family identified his body at the scene. Jones is the 26th person under 18 murdered this year.

Sunday, Dec. 2

3:43 p.m.Eugenio Harrison, a 19-year-old African-American man, was found lying on the sidewalk across the street from a gas station in the 2000 block of North Forest Park Avenue. He had been shot in the neck and was taken to Sinai Hospital. His mother went to the hospital but by the time she arrived he was already dead.

Another death from earlier this year has been added to the homicide rolls. Lonnie Foote, a 58-year-old African-American man, was beaten on Oct. 27 in the 2800 block of West North Avenue. He died on Nov. 6 at 4:25 p.m. at Sinai Hospital but his cause of death was pending. On Dec. 2, it was ruled a homicide as a result of the earlier beating.

Foote's murder brings the current homicide count in Baltimore to just five less than the 2006 total. Unless there are fewer than six murders for the rest of the year, 2007 will be the most murderous year since the 1990s, when there were more than 300 murders every year.


A Baltimore City Grand Jury indicted Tyres Taylor, a 23-year-old African-American man, on Nov. 27 on charges of murder, robbery, and carjacking in relation to the death of Gregory Moore, a 40-year-old African-American man. Moore was shot in the head in the 4100 block of Rollins Avenue on Aug. 6, 2006.

Related stories

Murder Ink archives

More Stories

Blunderbusted (8/5/2010)
Two Maryland Men indicted in Arizona for illegal machine guns

The Big Hurt (8/4/2010)
Inmate claims gang-tied correctional officer ordered "hit"

Murder Ink (7/28/2010)

More from Anna Ditkoff

Murder Ink (8/4/2010)

Love, True Love (7/28/2010)
A satire pokes fun at romantic notions

Murder Ink (7/28/2010)

Comments powered by Disqus
CP on Facebook
CP on Twitter