All the News Not Fit to Print
The Year in Non-News
1. West Nile virusThe Birds, it wasn't.
2. "Digital Harbor"A few dot coms and a rehabbed industrial building hardly make a cyber-revolution. Maybe a news story in 2003. Maybe.
3. Larry Young's political second act Running in a local NAACP election--even one cleverly outfitted with a scandal--does not a comeback make.
4. Arundel Mills It's a mall, people.
5. New city slogan "Baltimore: The Greatest City in America" offends not because it isn't true (we'll leave that for you to decide), but because of its utter lack of catch-phrase imagination. (Our choice: "Baltimore: The Largest City in Maryland.") At least O'Malley's new official motto wasn't written by Fitehouse.
812 Park Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21201